Our Family Support team works with families who have dependent children 0-12 years old, or who are expecting a baby.
We support families of all types and cultural backgrounds.
Our service is free.
We do individual work with families, as well as running group programs.
The individual work we do with a family is guided by the family themselves. Some of the things that families often talk to us about include child development and behaviour, parenting strategies, strengthening parent-child relationships, accessing services and support, social isolation and family violence.
We believe that all families have their own strengths. We work with families to build on their strengths, to develop positive relationships within their families and to promote environments that value, nurture and protect children.
Some of the ways we assist include:
- Home and office visits to talk with families about their situation, goals, and to provide support.
- Provide information about relevant topics or services.
- Referral and advocacy to help you connect with appropriate services and get the assistance that you may need.
- Assistance liaising & navigating other agencies and departments.
- Practical and skill-based support to help address issues you are concerned about – for example, parenting issues.
We work with families that live in the following areas:
- Constitution Hill
- Mays Hill
- Merrylands West
- Pendle Hill
- Wentworthville (including South Wentworthville)
And parts of:
- North Parramatta
We also run group programs – you can find information about these here.
To request support for yourself or someone else, simply call us on (02) 9636 8437 and talk to a Family Support team member. We will ask for the family’s details, and the reasons that you are requesting support.
Anyone may make a referral, but the client must be aware and have agreed for the referral to be made.